The New Jersey Prepaid Funeral Trust Fund (also known as Funeral Planning CHOICES) is a secure pooled trust that takes the hassle out of funding either revocable or irrevocable arrangements. Member firms can participate in the Trust, allowing funeral directors to deposit funds for an intended funeral recipient’s arrangements worry-free, ensuring compliance with preneed laws and regulations. Those funds earn competitive rates of interest and can be accessed quickly when a funeral becomes at-need.
Funeral Planning CHOICES is a service available to NJSFDA members in good standing, and:
- Meets all state and federal requirements
- Provides monthly preneed ledgers
- Affords access to online account balance information, summary statements and monthly activity reports
- Assists with seamless Medicaid Asset Recovery
- Processes most claims within 24 hours
- Produces end-of-year interest reporting and tax statements to consumers
- Processes claims online and remits payment to funeral homes electronically
- Provides each participating member with marketing brochures and table-top displays for community outreach efforts
- Currently serves 46,435 consumer accounts through nearly 600 participating funeral homes
Interested in becoming a participant?
Contact us at 800.734.3712 for more information.