Part-Time Director - Work/Life Balance - Edison, NJ
Work/Life Balance Matters – 20-25 -hour work weeks.
The Gosselin Funeral Home has been serving our community for over 60 years and takes pride in serving our community each and every day. We invest in our directors so that they can grow and reach their goals. Our family-owned funeral home is growing and we’re looking for energetic, positive, and compassionate individuals to join our team.
- Set schedule, 20-25-hour work weeks, and every other weekend off.
- Competitive wages with tips, bonuses, and 401k contribution
- Employee training
The ideal candidate will lead funeral services, make funeral arrangements, and embalm. Responsibilities (Include, but are not limited to):
- Performing sanitary care, embalming, restorative care, and cosmetology
- Dressing and casketing the deceased for visitations
- Coordinating arrangement conferences, meet with families, contact clergy, completing death certificates, prepare obituaries, prepare all documents related to services, etc.
- Directing funeral services, including greeting family members, coordinating, and instructing pallbearers and part-time staff, interacting with clergy, etc.
Excellent communication and customer service skills, ability to handle multiple tasks without interruptions, and a high degree of concentration and attention to detail needed.