Goes Funeral Care – Fort Collins, CO
Do you want a career at a cutting-edge funeral home taking funeral service into the future and be part of something unique and different? Are you enthusiastic about making a difference with a grieving family and care for individuals with dignity and an acknowledgement of their humanity? Seeking to be heard and presented with opportunities? Then we might be your “home”. Goes Funeral Care is a one location, family-owned and operated funeral home/ crematory offering superior care to over 400 client families a year. Located in Fort Collins, Colorado, we have been serving the Northern Colorado community for over 25 years. Our owners, original Jersey boy and girl relocated to Colorado 29 years ago, and you too could relocate and look outside your comfort zone. With our offerings of our newly installed water cremation system, green burial, home funerals, unique celebration events as well as traditional services and flame cremation, we are a busy little place. We focus on the experience and service we provide to families and not sales quotas. Are you that special person who could be an integral part of our death care team and culture?
Historic Fort Collins, home of the Colorado State University Rams, is located one hour north of Denver and just east of the Rocky Mountains. Consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America, it is an outdoor recreation, beer lovers’ and foodie’s mecca.
We prefer a minimum of 2 years recent funeral directing experience, have graduated from an accredited Mortuary Science program, and have taken the National Board Exam. But will look at individuals with less than 2 years’ experience. Should be committed to the ministry of funeral service and the time commitment it takes and our core values of excellence and compassionate care. A clean driving record and a background check is required. Must live in or willing to move to Northern Colorado. We are a non-smoking facility.
- A kind and self-directed person who can multitask and problem solve.
- Great attention to detail and organization.
- A team player but who can also work independently.
- Punctual and also adaptable to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with technology and office software/programs.
- The ability to think outside the box to create meaningful funeral experiences.
- Comfortable with all faiths and ethnicities.
- Rotation for after hours on call - nights and weekends.
- Removals, embalming and other preparation of the deceased.
- Cremation operations.
- Coordinating all aspects of funeral and memorial services.
- Regular contact with both pre-need and at-need families.
- Comfort level with family contact and back-room work.
- Able to meet the physical and mental requirements of the position.
Benefits and Compensation
Pay range based on skills and experience from $20 to $30 per hour. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, Health Saving Account employer contribution, SIMPLE IRA with company match, term life/ AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, sign on bonus and relocation reimbursement.
How to Apply/Contact information
Please reach out to email@example.com with your resume, a letter of introduction and a contact phone number. Due to the nature of funeral service in a small family business, please no phone calls. We may not have time to speak with you if you call and will contact you when we have a free moment.