The NJFD-PAC serves as the political fundraising arm of the New Jersey State Funeral Directors Association, Inc. (NJSFDA) and is key to the Association’s ability to build and maintain a strong, unified voice in the Garden State. It ensures that our industry is recognized, and allows members and staff to engage state legislators on a regular basis so to inform them of important funeral service issues.
The NJFD-PAC plays a vital role in the success of the Association’s advocacy efforts. Without such a powerful industry voice, the NJSFDA could not help…
- Protect funeral service and the monument industry from unfair competition by tax-exempt, religious cemeteries through the enactment of the “Religious Cemeteries Act.”
- Maintain the State’s current prepaid funeral trust laws.
- Develop and implement the Electronic Death Registration System (EDRS).
- Preserve current State funding levels for the Work First New Jersey Funeral and Burial Program.
- Increase consumer protect levels by clarifying the obligation of cemeteries to trust 100 percent of all consumer prepaid funds.
- Evaluate the New Jersey Medical Examiner System.
How It Works
The NJFD-PAC is supported by contributions from NJSFDA members. Although the NJFD-PAC will accept contributions from any NJSFDA member, all first firm members are asked to contribute to the NJFD-PAC when they pay their annual membership dues.
The NJFD-PAC provides contributions to the campaigns of State legislators that are funeral service advocates, regardless of party affiliation, meaning both Democratic and Republican legislators receive support from the NJFD-PAC. The NJFD-PAC cannot contribute to municipal, county or federal campaigns or to State political party committees. Additionally, NJFD-PAC funds are not used to pay lobbyists or fund general operations or other Association initiatives.