A few fast facts about the New Jersey Prepaid Funeral Trust Fund™ (NJPFTF):
- Your account is 100 percent trusted and refundable upon demand, with interest and without penalty, and is transferable to another participating funeral home.*
- The NJPFTF is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) up to the limits provided by the law.**
- The NJPFTF is able to obtain the prevailing rates of jumbo certificates of deposit (CDs) by pooling the accounts of thousands of prepaid agreement owners.†
- All NJPFTF prepaid funeral accounts are excludable as resources for SSI/Medicaid purposes for qualified beneficiaries.
- The NJPFTF provides an annual tax statement and a summary of your account and interest earned (reportable as income if you are required to file with state and federal tax agencies).
- All account balances may be viewed online at www.njsfda.org/myaccount.
- There are no age limits and no health questions. This is not insurance.
* By law, accounts established for SSI/Medicaid eligibility purposes are not refundable.
** All funds are deposited in a state or federally chartered bank, with each account insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) in the name of the purchaser up to $250,000.
† The New Jersey Prepaid Funeral Trust Fund™ receives one percent (1%) of the fund's principal sum for management, administration and overhead costs.